We encourage involvement of students at the activities of the SCS through Student Memberships and/or through Student Chapters.
Potential Benefits of SCS Student Chapters to Future M&S Professionals:
Establishing a New Student Chapter
To establish a new SCS Student Chapter, get started by:
- Selecting a Faculty Mentor who is an SCS member in good standing
- Choosing student officers for your new Student Chapter
- Completing a Petition Form which can be provided by SCS if you email us at email@example.com and request the form.
- Drafting Bylaws for your Student Chapter. Sample Student Chapter Bylaws can be found here.
Next, submit the Petition Form and a copy of your Student Chapter’s Bylaws to the SCS Executive Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon approval by the SCS Executive Committee, your Faculty Mentor will receive a letter from SCS authorizing your new Student Chapter. Please allow 10 weeks for approval.
Keeping Your Student Chapter in Good Standing
Keep your Student Chapter in good standing with SCS by:
- Holding at least one meeting of your Student Chapter
- Electing student officers in accordance with your Bylaws
- Submitting an Activity Report by June 30 of each year reporting on your activities in the preceding academic year. A fillable PDF of the Activity Report can be requested by contacting email@example.com.
As an incentive for timely submission of your Activity Report, SCS will authorize up to $150 per academic year toward reimbursement of Student Chapter activities. The reimbursement request is included as part of the Activity Report.
Faculty Advisor: Dr. Lin Zhang (firstname.lastname@example.org)
President: Zehuan Lu (email@example.com)
VP: Jing Cui (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Old Dominion University, Modeling and Simulation Department
Faculty Advisor: Dr. Jim Leathrum (email@example.com)
President: Spencer Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org)
University of Central Florida
Faculty Advisor: Dr. Brian Goldiez (email@example.com)
President: Rebecca Leis (firstname.lastname@example.org)
METU: Middle East Technical University Student Chapter of the SCS
Faculty Advisor: Dr. Halit Oguztuzun
Student Officer: Buğra Kaan Demirdöver (email@example.com)
Riga Technical University Student Chapter of the SCS
Faculty Advisor: Dr. Galina Merkuryeva
Student Officer: Aleksandra Petrakova (firstname.lastname@example.org)