Conference Author’s Information
Welcome to the SCS conference author’s information page. This page contains critical information & guidelines for anyone planning on submitting a paper to an SCS conference. Please review this material carefully—it contains information that has not previously been included in other SCS Author’s Kits.
Author’s Kit Instructions and Forms
Below you will find PDF forms including general guidelines for preparing & submitting your paper, the required transfer of copyright & author certification form, tips for writing a quality paper as well as tips for giving a high-quality presentation (all presenters are encouraged to read this). You will also find the Word and LaTex paper/poster templates. The first step in preparing your paper is to decide whether you will use Word or LaTex for your document. Please note that these paper templates have changed significantly from previous versions. The templates from previous years are no longer valid. Use of the old templates will cause your paper to be returned to you for major revisions. Do NOT use a template from previous years. Download & unpack the appropriate zip file for your needs.
- Author’s Kit Guidelines
- Author’s Kit Forms-Transfer of Copyright and Author Certification
- Guidelines for Writing a Good Paper for the Proceedings of the Society for Modeling and Simulation International (SCS)
- How to Give a Great Presentation
- Papers using Word
- Posters using Word
- Papers using LaTex
- Poster using LaTex
The general process for preparing and submitting a conference paper or poster abstract
Once you decide on a paper template, the general process for preparing and submitting a conference paper or poster abstract is as follows:
- Download the appropriate template zip file (either Word or LaTex)
- Modify those files to produce your submission.
- Visit the specific conference you intend to participate and submit your paper.
- Register for the conference on the specific conference website.
- Upload your final paper & components, your completed & signed Transfer of Copyright form, your completed & signed Author Certification form, and a copy of your registration receipt.
Other Conference Information and Forms
The manual registration form for conferences.
If you are a full-time student wish to apply for a student discount you must complete & submit the Student Verification form.
If you are a retiree & wish to apply for a retiree discount you must complete & submit the Retiree Verification form.
If you are from a foreign country, an author of an accepted conference paper & need a Conference Invitation letter for your visa, you must complete & submit the Visa Invitation form. Note: Visa Invitation Letters are provided ONLY to authors with accepted conference papers and who have paid their registration to the conference.
For information on conference cancellations, refunds, and more, view the Conference Policies form.