Send resumes to: Bob@hightechpros.com
Job Title: Sr. Web Master / Developer (CSS/PHP)
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Manage and Maintain Company Web Services: 75%
- Develop new Web applications as identified by supervisor and management through packaged and customized applications.
- Maintain and enhance existing Web applications and all integrated internal systems.
- Design and implement user-driven templates, databases and interfaces for ease of use.
- Perform complete testing of Web applications and system, engaging users as necessary.
- Conduct user acceptances testing, and report results.
- Self motivated, detail-oriented and organized.
- Knowledge of Internet and company related applications such as E-Mail clients, FTP clients, Web Browsers, CMS, Online Banking, Mobile Banking, Loan Origination applications.
- Develop new functionality for our Sitefinity CMS-based websites
- Develop new functionality and maintain our Knowledge Base search & inquiry application - Fuze Digital integrated with company Internet Website.
- Maintain current environment & develop new functionality for company's intranet.
- Work closely with business managers and other members of the Development Team to both develop detailed specification documents with clear project deliverables and timelines, and to ensure timely completion of deliverables.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively in both technical and business environments.
- Determine appropriate architecture, and other technical solutions, and make relevant recommendations.
Program Management: 10%
- Provide training to personnel in the maintenance of Internet web pages.
- Alert colleagues to emerging technologies or applications and the opportunities to integrate them into operations and activities.
- Consult with staff from various departments in order to coordinate activities, identify needs, and explain Internet Web site opportunities and limitations.
Special Projects: 10%
- Complete special projects as directed by the eCommerce Manager.
- Regularly interact and communicate verbally and in writing with management and staff as needed.
- Participate in various committees to provide insight and feedback on web initiatives.
Non-Essential Functions: 5%
- Perform other duties as assigned.
No Supervisory Responsibilities
- Candidates should have proven .NET experience as well as a solid understanding of Object Oriented Design and Programming
- Strong organization skills to manage multiple timelines and complete tasks quickly within the constraints of timelines and budgets
- Experience with UX, Usability testing and optimization
- Experience with A/B and Multivariate testing and optimization
- Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Candidate must be a team player and willing to teach and to learn.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills.
Addiitionally, candidate should be:
Expert in using the dynamic programming tools and languages that fuel the Web. Ability to work independently or be part of a team that builds and integrates interactive Web sites, applications, and services for public sites. Architect websites, design data-driven applications, and find efficient client-server solutions. Understanding of the software development lifecycle and be able to communicate project status, issues, and resolutions. The senior web master will design, develop, integrate, test, and deliver web sites, applications and components, have the ability to integrate web applications and third party tools and components from the requirements stage, through design, through production deployment. More important is the experience of seamless integration of front- to back-end functionality.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelors degree in computer science, MIS, or related experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a webmaster, senior web developer and/or web applications manager. Must have previous experience working with Content Management Systems (Sitefinity CMS preferred), and intranet/extranet applications.
- 3 years minimum experience with HTML/XHTML and CSS
- 2 years minimum Web programming experience, including PHP, ASP or JSP & Share Point.
- Familiarity with networking systems and networking concepts
- Build, or work with outside firms to build websites and web-based tools.
- Work with outside hosting providers and developers to implement website upgrades.
- Monitor web operations and respond to problems, some of which occur outside of regular business hours.
- The ability to communicate with non-technical users a must.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Self-starter with strong self-management skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
Education / Experience
A combination of education and experience equivalent to a bachelor's degree in computer science, MIS, or a closely related field. Minimum of 5 years experience as a webmaster, senior web developer and/or web applications manager. Must have previous experience working with Content Management Systems (Sitefinity CMS preferred), and intranet/extranet applications.
To apply for this position please submit an MS Word doc of your resume and put in the subject "Job ID # 1764".