Call For Papers
Simulation: Transactions of the Society for Modeling and Simulation International
Special Issue: Advances on Theory of Modeling and Simulation
This Special Issue of the SIMULATION Journal aims at highlighting the most recent advances in Theory of Modeling and Simulation. The main focus is on theoretical, methodological and technological aspects that bridgedifferent areas, including formal approaches, modeling methodologies and simulation tools. The authors should address the state-of-the-art in Modeling & Simulation theory, methodology, practice and lessons learned. Possible topics include, but are not limited to:
- Hybrid system modeling and integration of formalisms
- DEVS modeling methodology
- Petri Nets, Finite State Machines, Timed Automata, Process Algebras, Pi-Calculus and other discrete-event formalisms
- Formal analysis and symbolic reasoning
- Model Checking
- Graph Transformations
Also, the authors can focus on high-impact innovations in the application of Theory of Modeling and Simulation to concepts, methods, applications, toolkits and environments, promoting advances in all facets of M&S that lead to novel solutions in existing and emerging complex problem domains. Some examples include:
- Integrating Theory of M&S in parallel & distributed simulation
- Theoretical aspects of simulation Interoperability (including grid, web services…)
- M&S-Based development methods
- Practice and Lessons Learned
- Real-time and embedded systems
- High performance computing
- Software-intensive/networked systems
- Transportation and traffic systems
- Ecological and environmental systems
- Toolkits, environments, and libraries (DEVS, Petri Nets, Finite State Machines, Timed Automata, etc.)
Full papers, describing original, previously unpublished research work, experimental efforts and practical experiences are solicited. The due dates given below are firm and must be observed to ensure timely review and, in the event of acceptance, inclusion of a paper in the special issue.
Instructions for Manuscript Submission
For manuscript formatting and other guidelines, please visit the Author Guidelines for SIMULATION.
Submissions for Full Paper Review
Manuscripts should be prepared and submitted online at the SCS Manuscript Management System. Please note in your online cover letter that your submission is intended for the "Special Issue: Advances on Theory of Modeling and Simulation".
Note: Manuscripts must not have been previously published or be submitted for publication elsewhere. Each submitted manuscript must include title, names, authors' affiliations, postal and e-mail addresses, an extended paper, and a list of keywords. For multiple author submission, please identify the corresponding author.
|Full papers due
||September 15th, 2010
|Notification of acceptance:
||December 15th, 2010
|Final (revised) paper submissions due:
||February 1st, 2011
|Expected date of publication:
||Spring / Summer 2012
Final Paper Submissions
Each final submission must be prepared based on the Simulation journal requirements (see the Author Guidelines for SIMULATION).